Chat to an expert
Want advice on the right solution for your business? We can help.
Part 1: Change how you communicate with your customers
Monday, 05 November 2018
The experience customers receive when contacting a business can create the right or wrong impression and build a picture of how the business values its customers. This experience will influence customers’ purchasing choices and ultimately whether or not they wish to become, or continue to be, your customer.
Taking care of callers
Incredibly, 70% of customers who call a business will be placed on hold and left listening to boring messages or, worse still, nothing at all. This immediately increases the chance of a customer hanging up, and if they do, 34% will never call back. They have been more or less driven into the arms of a competitor.
It is not always possible for a customer call to be answered immediately or go straight through to the individual or department they need to speak to. However, how the call is handled will influence their likelihood of holding on, their patience levels and the way they will engage with your business once they reach you.
What customers want
Cloud Telephony is changing the way we communicate with customers and delivering a better experience. Customers want to know that they are valued and that their time is respected. They want to be reassured that they have dialled the right number, that someone knows they are waiting and that their call will be answered, or appropriately directed, as soon as possible.
Some of the key customer benefits with Cloud Telephony are:
- Callers can be greeted with an automated message, to reassure them that they have dialled the correct number and are through to the business as a valued customer.
- Callers can listen to music, chosen for the business, which will hold their interest far longer than silence or a constant ringing tone. The style of music is appropriate to the identity of the company and helps to build the business brand.
- Auto attendant messages, or scripts, are used to reassure the caller while placed on hold or diverted to the appropriate department. Again, the voice used for these messages can be matched to the business identity.
- Calls can be seamlessly diverted to business mobile, as they operate as part of a unified communications system and are connected to the business telephony network.
- Calls can be recorded, which reassures customers regarding anything that has been discussed, agreed, or previously reported.
If you would like to know how we can help your business to communicate well with your customers, please call 0161 788 0000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Our friendly and helpful staff are ready to take your calls, Monday - Friday, 8.30am to 5:00pm.
Call today 0800 054 2576
Recent News Articles12/10/18 - We need a bigger trophy cabinet!
The Incom-CNS Group were crowned winners once again at the Comms National Awards in London last nigh ...Full Article >>
26/09/18 - A Mons-terrific win!
Following an incredible three-day adventure, the Incom-CNS team have brought home the prestigious fi ...Full Article >>
19/09/18 - Monsters Incom!
Today sees the start of the Gamma Ball Rally, a Comms industry fundraiser organised by Gamma and sup ...Full Article >>
07/09/18 - Double Delights – Comms National Awards 2018!
Following last year’s epic double awards wins for “Best Enterprise Reseller of the Year”Full Article >>
Existing customers can chat to our friendly support team online to report a fault.
Available 09:00 - 17:00 Monday to FridayCustomer Support
There are many ways for businesses to communicate with customers, and customers to contact a business, including: email, instant messaging, on-line chat and social media. However, phone-calls are still an essential part of doing business, and the preferred method of communication for many customers with queries, orders to place or issues to resolve.
Businesses spend the vast majority of their marketing budget trying to get people to call them. It’s the number one CTA (Call to Action)
...view more >
"We were impressed with how Incom looked to help us save money, improve our flexibility to manage seasonal demands and increase our efficiencies. "
"The staff at Incom have all been professional and supportive during the transition and made the switchover as seamless as possible from a user perspective."